I am a huge fan of memes. Maybe it’s because it’s so logical-sequential, perfect after a long day of coming up with creative solutions to insane problems. Or maybe it’s because I love learning little details about others. I found this one courtesy of Laurie, one of my favorite mom-bloggers.
The purpose of this meme is for me to share my knowledge of my husband, and see if I’m right. Dan will pop on to check my responses and see if I hit the mark.
1. Sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
The TV is so passe. Unless it’s Lost, he’s not watching it. But he will watch Netflix movies, TV series, and any politically based You-Tube video on his supersized computer monitor.
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Salad? Dan would never order salad willingly. He’s more of a clam chowder kinda guy.
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like?
Green, red and yellow peppers. Lettuce.
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
Dr. Pepper if they have it. If not, diet Coke no lemon.
5. Where did he go to high school?
Wilson High School in Santa Clara, CA. (Honey, is it Santa Clara or Sunnyvale?)
6. What size shoe does he wear?
I have no clue– I’m not allowed to buy him shoes. I’d guess a 12.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
Music and videos. His iTunes library is HUGE, and the DVD collection is sizeable also.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Turkey, ham and swiss– I think that’s what he orders at Subway.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
10. What is his favourite cereal?
11. What would he never wear?
Closed toed shoes. Ugly ties.
12. What is his favourite sports team?
He’s a huge SF Giants fan, but since he’s been on the East Coast he’s gotten into the Red Sox and lately into the Yankees 🙂
13. Who will he vote for?
Hands down–Obama. McCain doesn’t have a prayer in this home.
14. Who is his best friend?
I am. If he wanted a best guy friend, then Krister’s at the top of that list with Joe, our brother-in-law close behind.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
Blow dry my hair anywhere in his vicinity. The noise of it drives him batty.
16. How many states has he lived in?
US States? Texas, California, Utah, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Alaska, Pennsylvania, and New York.
17. What is his heritage?
100% through and through Romanian.
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
I wouldn’t be the one baking it. Crumbs, our favorite cupcake shoppe, would– and he would order a vanilla/vanilla cupcake.
19. Did he play sports in high school?
No, he was in the mountaineering club, along with Drama, chorale, and band.
20. What could he spend hours doing?
Playing his video game, eating sunflower seeds, blogging, or playing with little Ava
21. He wants a new?
Memory card for his computer, or maybe even a new Mac laptop. He’ll settle for the new train/dollhouse table we got for Ava yesterday. It’s fun for both of them 🙂
22. The CD I probably would find in their vehicle is?
He’s only using CDs because the iPod plug is frazzled. His backup CDs include classical music, jazz, Coldplay, and the two songs that he loves so dearly: Weird Science and Dead Man’s Party.
23. What can you do that will guarantee a laugh from him?
Hmm this one is tough. Telling him that I made breakfast. He knows that is not my stronghold.
24. Does he get along well with their family?
I don’t know who “their family” is. He gets along great with my family, and his family is fairly tight also.
25. If money weren’t an object, I would buy him?
A home in Oyster Bay, an apartment in Manhattan’s Upper East or Upper West Sides, and a home in the mountains (probably Benton, PA or Bloomsburg, PA). And he’d love a sleek BMW to get him between these places.