Life’s been crazy lately! We’ve been given some lemons and made some great lemonade. Here’s what’s been happening in no particular order:
- I started a new residency site at a rather large HS. I’m loving the change of scenery.
- Dan’s been working on various computer projects at work.
- Ava’s been talking much more lately. She’s adding words each day and beginning to make sentences.
- Her best sentences so far are simple: “This is stroller.” “This is juice.” Today she was saying “eat”. I’m waiting for her to connect it and say, “Avi eat cake” or something like that.
- She calls herself “Avi” or “Doodlie.” I guess it doesn’t help that I’ve been calling her Doodlie her whole life.
- Ava’s had the flu-like symptoms for the past 20 hours or so. She’s beginning to sweat so I hope it’s almost done. It’s been quite tiring being awake all of the time.
- Donalda and I are having a blast at this new residency.
- I’m hearing about my new school, but nothing is official yet. So we wait. . .
- Our ward has been difficult lately. There’s no one to call for help. Very few mothers with young children, and a large language barrier. Just trying to make it through sacrament from 12-1 without a toddler tantrum is a pipe dream.
- I wish I had time to learn Spanish now, but unfortunately I don’t.
- Luckily my new residency site is more family friendly. Translation: I actually get to see my family while they are not sleeping most nights of the week.
- I got to see Manon at the Metropolitan Opera this week. So fabulous!!!