- Tiny apartment
- On a busy block that housed lots of people, restaurants, cafes, and shoppes.
- Bus stop out my bedroom window
- Subway stop 2 blocks down
- Heat through the walls–at least 85 degrees in the apartment at all times, unless the window was open.
- Occasional gunshot
- Loads of sirens, cars and buses.
- Spacious home
- On a 100 acre farm with cows, hayfields and 2 other homes
- Deer and a woodpile outside my window
- Nearest affordable grocery store–more than 30 minutes away
- Wood burning furnace for heat
- Occasional gunshots, especially in buck and doe seasons
Last year I would have laughed if you would’ve told me I’d be nursing a fire for heat. This year I wouldn’t have it any other way.