This has definitely made the rounds in Bloggityville, but I still haven’t done it, so what better time than now.
1. Eggnog or Hot chocolate? Both–hot chocolate rocks on a cold winter day, but egg nog is better sitting down after dinner.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Definitely he wraps the presents. So much fun to rip open the wrapping paper!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Without a doubt, white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah. . . I have a black thumb. I’m afraid of what it would look like in my house.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as I have time to get to it. I am striving to do it just after Thanksgiving, but this year was a little late.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don’t really have one. The search this year is for a stellar new Christmas menu. I’m tired of having Thanksgiving foods at Christmas. I want it to have it’s own menu. Any suggestions?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Eating Chinese for Christmas because we couldn’t think of anything else. It was a blast!
8. How and when did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember. I don’t even think my parents really played up the whole Santa thing.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Depends on the year. . . This year I think we’ll wait for Christmas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? This year it’s simple and very natural. White lights, red bows, silver bead garland, red apple ornaments and pinecones. That’s it and I love it!
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Dread it. I’m not a San Diego gal for nothing. It wasn’t a joke that they moved us as kids because they were afraid of me turning into a surfer girl.
12. Can you ice skate? Yup, what good Eastern girl can’t? 😉 I was so sad last year when the stake did an ice skating activity and I was hugely pregnant. This year I’ll be out for sure.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I love the thoughtful things my sister always comes up with for me. It’s most fun to shop for her.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family, remembering Christ. I could really care less about the presents.
15. What is your favorite homemade holiday dessert? Gramma’s sugar cookies, my gingerbread or snickerdoodles
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? That’s gonna be a secret for this year in case someone we know reads this. . .
17. What tops your tree? A nice simple gold & pearl star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I’ll be honest: receiving. I hate the stress of finding the perfect present for everyone, but I love to see their joy of receiving my gift.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy and Angels We Have Heard on High
Leave me a comment if you did this one on your blog. I love to read about others’ traditions, since we’re still building ours.