And you are dying to know all about me:
1. FIRST NAME? Jaime
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Mom once told me Jamie Lee Curtis was one of her favorite actresses at the time, but Dad couldn’t authenticate the story. I’m sure they’ll comment and correct me.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last night. We tried to put Ava to sleep in her crib, and after about 15 minutes of all-out screaming, I just started to cry. I don’t think I’m cut out for the “tough love” approach with babies. (please feel free to comment about how you broke your 6+ month child from sleeping with Mom & Dad without hours of screaming. I’d love love love to hear it!)
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, but I liked it better when I was in college.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Roast Beef
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I’d think so. I have quite a few long-term friends, so probably yeah.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes, this blog, and a few paper journals I’ve been writing in since elementary school. I think I’m up to 20 volumes or so by now. I also have a bunch of those fill-in the blank family history type journals.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Whoohoo! Of course. Nothing gets removed on me.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Uh no. Fear of heights. Fear of speed. Fear of being hurt while going at really fast speeds.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Hmmm– healthy cereal: Special K either the berried or vanilla almond. Snack/dessert cereal: Lucky Charms (thanks, Emme! See what you started!)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Flip flops don’t have ties.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Definitely. Couldn’t have grown up in my household and not come out strong.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Heavenly Hash, light
14. SHOE SIZE? 8 1/2
15. RED OR PINK? Both. Wedding was all red. Prefer to wear pink in the spring and summer but red in the fall and winter.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Right now- balancing work, home, and me.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Emme and Dawnita–my two bestest friends from the most fun times of my life.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Denim capri pants, black shirt, red and black flip flops
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A piece of chocolate fudge pudding pie after a fabulous meal of Pumpkin Spice Shrimp Soup and salad
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of the dishwasher and my husband’s iTunes playlist
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Today a nice solid brown. Other days I could be plum, violet or cornflower.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Nivea body lotion that I use on Ava.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My brother-in-law Joe. I tried to talk to my sister, but she was putting her son to bed for the 14th time.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Are they a positive person?
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Of course, she’s got the best blog design and she’s a total gem.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Nice, clean well water
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Field hockey
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. HAT SIZE? Huh? Hats have sizes? Anything that has the NY Yankees logo on it
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, 20/20 vision here.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Penang’s Pineapple Chicken with coconut rice.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings, unless by scary you mean suspenseful.
34. 34 has somehow disapeared from this wonderful questionaire thingy. That’s how old my husband will soon be–in like another year or two.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. I hate to be cold.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? I just made homemade peach cobbler last night for the first time. That’s a serious contender with fresh Raspberry or apple pie with a crumb top.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no idea. Stats say 100+ people read this blog every day, but I only know about 6 of those readers. I’d love to see some of the lurkers respond.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? We’ll see, won’t we.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? See the horribly misaligned sidebar. We’re working on it.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Amazing Race (So sorry Cho bros) and America’s Next Top Model (why so fake, Melrose?)
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Ava’s giggle. Especially when she’s like hiccupping in the giggle.
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Moscow, Russia
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can speak Russian. I can also fit in with just about anyone, in just about any situation.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Down south, in North Carolina, but you’d never know it, except that I say “y’all” too often for a good Northern gal
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from Heather at My Midlife Moments