1. Will my car make it through today? My starter is going, and I just hope it lasts until I get it to Steve’s house tonight at 7.
2. Uh oh, will AutoZone have the starter we need tonight at 7? Gotta call them today.
3. Today’s the 9th, so visiting teaching stats are one day early if we get them all in the computer today! Whoohoo!
4. Is my darling Hannah going to be an angel or a pain today when I work in the school-age room? I tell ya–this girl is a trip and a half. She gives my challenging kids from the Bronx a run for their money.
5. How in the world are my boys Julio and Felix? They were two of my favorite students from the Bronx. I’ve meant to call and make sure they’re doing well in high school but just haven’t had the time.
6. Dan’s starting a web design business on the side, and it’s looking pretty good! I’ll link once his site is ready for public consumption 🙂
7. Why in the world is CafePress so freaking picky with their files? I tried uploading one or two to make Ts, and it was frustrating to the hilt. I understand files and extensions and all that, but they kept saying every file I sent was transparent. Not normally a problem, except transparent files will only print on black. Ick.
8. Busy busy day today.
9. Got some more done on the kitchen yesterday. It’s looking pretty good. Dishes are being stored in the dining room, food and cooking/baking stuff in the kitchen. Now I just need to finish it up, and then tackle the basement shelves so my food storage can go there instead of in my kitchen.
10. Ava’s starting to be more and more vocal. I love it. Pretty soon she’ll be a babbling, crawling child. There’s no turning back after that!
11. Saw a newborn at the doctor’s the other day. I can’t believe Ava was that small. And the little squeak. Oh how I miss that little squeak. Note to self: videotape that next time so I’ll remember it forever.
12. How can I lose weight if I don’t work out? But how can I work out if I haven’t slept much? It’s an eternal cycle that I’m hoping will end soon. Gotta lose some of this baby weight.
13. Clothing shopping hopefully tomorrow. I need some new stuff, especially since I’m working down-in-the-dirty with kids. My suits from NYC aren’t appropriate (and don’t fit). I need some comfortable, but day care professional looking stuff.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
6. Chaotic Mom
7. Imperfect Christian (I love all the links here, but if you can’t visit anyone else’s, please see hers. It really struck a chord with me because of my mother’s condition)
10. Mrs. Lifecruiser
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants