- Update:It turns out the people in NY need a couple more weeks, which I can’t wait longer than 10 days. So Perla will go to York, PA to a vet who runs a rescue down there. If y’all feel moved, please pray for her. She’s had so much turmoil in her little life, and I know this will be incredibly hard on her, especially after I left her at the groomer today for an hour and she thought I was dead.
It’s tearning me apart, but the Lord has ways and I don’t understand them. So I trust and hope.
A few years ago when my best friend and longtime NYC roomie moved to LA, I replaced her with a few couches and a pooch. We’ve had good times together over the years, but alas I can’t take her to my new home.
I’m torn–I signed a contract saying I would let the agency I got her from find her a new home. But they are dragging their feet, since they don’t have a good home and they aren’t a shelter. I have a friend who knows someone who does this on their own, but then I’m breaking the contract I’ve signed. In the end it comes down to the question: Do I trust that the NYC agency will find better homes? or Will the PA person find her a better home?
On the NY side, Perla found me there. We’ve had many joyous times, and I know there are many like minded dog-owners there. But there are also those who will take her, and then abuse her or leave her on the street half dead. I know this because it’s happened once to her.
On the PA side, people are less affluent, generally here, but they have more land. She has a chance of a home with someone who has land, or at a minimum a yard. It’s definitely the unknown.
What would you do?