For my darling friends and family who are no doubt looking for the up-to-the-minute details of my life and Ava’s life– I apologize. We’ve been busy with real life! Here’s what’s on the fire in our home at this moment:
1. Moving to a small house out in the middle of nowhere–like in the middle of a hayfield and cow farm! The local school district doesn’t even have a football team because there aren’t enough students to support it! We will move in before Nov. 1. We’re frantically looking for boxes, and trying to pare down the crap and only take what we need. As Katie was saying yesterday, it’s hard breaking the habit of being a packrat!
2. Ava’s breaking teeth. Her first tooth is breaking through the skin. I can’t see it, but I definitely feel the razor-sharp surface on her lower jaw.
3. I just got a job!! Whoohoo! It’s absolutely perfect! I didn’t want to work, but this will help Dan and I get out of debt quicker, and Ava will be going to work with me 🙂 I’ll be working at a church-run day care in the next major town over. I originally applied for a preschool teaching position (which would be soooo fun!) but they gave me an administrative position. In the end, I think it’s perfect because I’ll be able to work from home part of the time, and the other hours will be fairly flexible.
4. Perla–Gotta figure out who is willing to care for my adorable little dog. Sadly, our new home won’t allow her there, and normally I would nix a place for that, but when I have to choose between hot water in the house and a dog, I’m choosing the hot water. So we’ll figure it out. I think my mom will take her for a while. I just hope it all works out.
5. The craziness of callings. I get these frantic, random calls from the Bishop that so-and-so may need something. Can I go check it out and make sure they’re ok? Of course!! so far all is well. It’s just an interesting experience. I was reading Sister Parkin’s address from the Fall 2006 Relief Society Open House. It’s definitely giving me something to think about. Expect a good blog on it soon.
Tweeny Ava is calling in her gorgeous cat-like screams! Hugs to all!