13. Central Park. Bethesda Fountain, the Chess boards, the Carosel. I used to love to blade the loop after a hard day’s work.
12. The temple! We just got it not too long ago, and now I’m back to being 4+ hours away from one. 😦
11. Brighton Beach, Roosevelt Island, Coney Island and the Rockaways— or basically ways of feeling like you left the city, without really ever leaving the 5 boros.
10. Having a kitchen that is 5 feet long and 2 feet wide with less than 2″ of countertop space. The Betty Crocker size oven that had to be lit everytime I used it was priceless.
7. Leaving the city. Any NYer knows that it’s a talent to know when to stay, and when to hop in a car and escape!
6. Veselka–oh how I love a good Ukrainian/Polish soul food 24 hour diner. Yummy!
5. Funky little shops with the most random things.
2. Penang! I sooooooo miss the Pineapple Chicken lunch special. How can you go wrong with a little bit of heaven for a mere $7, complete with appetizer, salad, sticky rice and entree?
1. My darling friends! Where else can you have friends that are fashion editors, filmmakers, Martha test kitchen chefs, ghetto teachers, stay-at-home moms, and comediennes? They are some of the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting.